Hawaii Vacation Getaway
Here are the rules for the Hawaii vacation getaway. From June 24th through August 30th you can enter once per week at all participating Hawaii vacation getaway sponsor. You can get additional entries at station remote broadcasts between June 24th and August 30th and by listening to the Mike in the Morning show on KAPS and The Morning Free for All with Steven B on KBRC mornings Monday through Friday.
One entry will be drawn from participating sponsors each week of the promotion. Those entries will be eligible for our semifinal drawing on Monday, September 9th. All entries from remote broadcasts and daily qualifiers from the KAPS and KBRC morning shows will automatically be eligible for the semifinal drawing.
All entries chosen in our semifinal drawing will be eligible for the Grand Prize Drawing on Sunday, September 15th at the Swinomish Casino and Lodge. Contestants must be present to win.
The Grand Prize winner will receive airfare for two to Hawaii. Hotel accommodations will be for 7 nights. Stations reserve the right to change the island and hotel accommodations, depending on availability and requested travel dates. Trip must be taken between May 1st 2014 through October 1, 2014.
Contestants must be 21 years of age to participate.
Station employees, immediate families and employees of businesses sponsoring the promotion are not eligible to participate. Employees of other media companies are not eligible to participate.
IMPOSSIBLE QUESTION: Listen to “Mike in the Morning” on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings at around 8:20 for the chance to answer the “Impossible Question”. Winners get a fun prize.
KAPS Riddle of the Day Contest
Listen to “Mike in the Morning” weekday mornings at 7:40 for the Riddle of the Day. Just guess the answer to Mike’s riddle and win fun prizes!
CONCERT TICKETS:Check back regularly for your chance to win concert tickets from KAPS 660.
GENERAL CONTEST RULES FOR KAPS
The following shall serve as a basis for determining winners of all games and contests that air on KAPS radio unless otherwise stated by individual contest rules and regulations. In the following, “win” refers to the receiving of any item without compensation.
1. Prizes won on KAPS are limited to one (1) per household per station within a 30-day period. Station employees and immediate families are not eligible to participate in station sponsored contests. Employee’s of businesses that sponsor station contests and promotions are not eligible to win any “grand prize” offers. Employees of other media companies are not eligible to participate in station sponsored contests. KAPS reserves the right to revoke any prize if the contestant does not meet the eligibility requirements.
2. Contestants must be eighteen (18) years or older unless otherwise announced.
3. Prizes are non transferable. Gift Certificates have no cash surrender value. Prizes may not be sold. If it is determined that a winner has “sold” a prize they had won, they are no longer eligible to participate in station contests.
4. NO SUBSTITUTION or other consideration will be offered instead of the stated prize. All items won must be claimed within thirty (30) days of winning. Some prizes (tickets) may be time sensitive and a shorter time frame may be required to pick up prizes.
5. If prizes are not claimed within the stated period of time, the winner waves the right to the prize and the prize reverts to the possession of the stations. Continued failure to pick up prize will make winner ineligible to participate in future contests.
6. Winners are responsible for appropriate taxes and fees associated with the winning of ANY prize.
7. Proper photo ID is required to claim any prize. If the prize is cash of more than $100 in value, a social security identification, such as a social security card, passport, or paycheck stub, is ALSO required.
8. A 1099 MISC form will be completed and filed with the IRS for every prize or accumulation of $600 or more. All local, state and federal taxes, license and fees are the sole responsibility of the winner.
9. During any contest involving communication through the telephone lines, should a contestant be disconnected from the utilized phone line before the contestant’s correct name, phone number, and response are recorded; they will be instantly disqualified from the contest without compensation. The following sequential caller shall be given the opportunity to win. KAPS is not responsible for problems occurring within the telephone system, which either inhibit or increase the chances of winning.
10. Winners may be required to sign a release. All winners agree to allow KAPS to use their name, voice and/or likeness, portrait, and biographical information for promotional purposes without further compensation. All calls coming into the stations may be taped and may be aired on the station without further approval.
11. By winning any items from KAPS, the winner and the user of the item(s) releases KAPS from any responsibility to any incident related to the use of the item(s). Incidents include (but are not limited to) cancellation or alteration of event, expiration of item, bodily injury or death. KAPS assumes no liability for lost, stolen, or situations that may arise from any prize awarded in any contest.
12. All entries received by KAPS become the property of the stations and will not be returned. KAPS will not be responsible for a contestant’s failure to win any prizes due to entry box, phone, email, fax, or direct mail difficulties. Additional rules pertaining to other station contest(s) may not supersede these rules.
13. KAPS radio reserves the right to add, delete and/or alter rules at any time.
14. KAPS reserves the right to cancel any contest at any time.
15. Disputes regarding these rules will be settled by the GM of KAPS. All decisions are final.
16. By entering a contest, participants agree to abide by these rules.
Contest rules are available at:
KAPS 2029 Freeway Drive, Mount Vernon, WA 98273